Sending out famous Christmas Quotes and Sayings is a popular World Christmas Tradition. Most popular Christmas Quotes are said or written by well known authors, politicians and philosophers. Christmas Quotes can also come from different Christmas Stories and Christmas Movies.
Classic Christmas Quotes are used as messages for various Christmas Cards. Every year, millions of people send Christmas cards bearing these Christmas Quotes all over the world. Most Christmas quotes are inspiring, while many are intended for us to reflect and know the true meaning of Christmas.
Below are some famous and inspirational Christmas Quotes that you could use for your Christmas Cards, Christmas Greetings and Christmas messages.
Popular Christmas Quotes and their Authors
- Christmas is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.
- It is not the gift, but the thought that counts.
Henry Van Dyke
- Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”
- Christmas is doing something extra for someone.
- Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemies, forgiveness. To your opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example, to yourself, respect.
- Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the rush, the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and given–when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our homes.
Joan Winmill Brown, American author and editor.
- Christmas is not a time or season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
- This is the message of Christmas: “We are never alone.”